Friday, December 9, 2016

Walther PPKS, an iconic pocket rocket

Walther PPKS video
The issue I had with the PPKS was a few issues combined. The day I went out I actually had a few guns that had a hard time running the UMC that I had bought. Now the magazine release issue was all me. I have such a high tang grip it causes slide bite and during recoil was inadvertently depressing the mag release. So it was not the firearms fault, shear user error.

I believe my love for this pistol is more fantasy than reality. I know it bites me when I shoot it, but who doesn't see themselves as an international man of mystery when running this firearm? The fact that it is .380 ACP is a detriment in my eyes for EDC, but I enjoy the symbolism of the PPKS. Though being left handed, I will keep the PPKS for range days, preferring to EDC a pistol more adequate for the lefty operational standards. That damn safety is just a time waster for a left handed shooter when the need arises.  
 



2 comments:

  1. I love pocket pistols. While they might not be my first choice for carry, they are cool as all get out! I own an Astra and beretta in .25acp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Agree! I have become a huge fan of Spanish made pistols. Astra and Star are two of my favorites. I currently own a Star BM and it is a really nice pistol. In my eyes a improvement on the 1911 design but in 9mm. I would love to at some point get my hands on a original "Astra" RUBY.

    ReplyDelete